Friday, January 21, 2011

Abc Fire Extinguisher Dangerous?

Updating ... What does that mean? For this 2011


I'm not the same as yesterday. I'm not the same tomorrow. Today I am who I am today. It is a play on words. If you look carefully my past, I can see I've changed my tastes, beliefs, manners, have also changed physically safe. I'm not the same.

This idea seems obvious, it can become a problem for me unless I upgrade in the changes I'm taking every day.

will place an example simple and exaggerated, just to illustrate what I mean in this post.

10 years ago a woman wore a size 4. At present, using size 8 (two sizes bigger than 10 years ago) going to a store (at present) and ask for a size 4 pants. When the tester is obviously not fit. The annoying woman leaves the store. What happened? Not updated with herself, she had not heard (or had not wanted to find out) the change that has lived his body in this period. Went shopping with an "old idea" in his mind, not the present reality. What are the results of this lack of update? That can not find what I want, not I have, that does not help, no longer about me.

These changes apply to different aspects of my life. Friendships, jobs, relationships, tastes, beliefs, just to name a few.

As I wrote earlier, this failure to update myself, can cause problems. How? If not who I am today, how would I go out to achieve my goals? How do I properly I need? What I can offer what I have, if not do I have?
is in this point, which involved the call UPDATE.

The update of me or my person is to catch up with me. Know who I am today. What I like and what moves me. What I feel, what I think about a certain topic. On my needs (now), my beliefs. Upgrading also allows me to change mindsets.
How I can do this update?

can be as deep or shallow as I want. It can be simple or complicated. The rules puts everyone.
Personally, I recommend going from the simple to the core. Some examples:
Go to an ice cream parlor and update my favorite ice cream flavor. Chocolate remains or changed? Listening to it was my favorite singer years ago and see if I feel the same now for him and his music. Watch a movie that struck me some time and measure the impact on the present.

I can also ask in my day to day, what I think about this issue or the other. How I feel about this experience I am living. The important element is to investigate me, how I'm still at this moment, how I feel at this time and not stay stuck in the past, someone that I ever was.

In this way, I can proudly say "I know who I am" (at least here and now)
Author of text: Raiza Ramírez
Gestalt Psychotherapist and Family Constellation Therapist

0 comments:

Post a Comment